We're actively following the latest developments about the Covid-19 outbreak. We want to keep you informed about how it might impact your orders with Printful, so follow this FAQ for current updates.
As of now, here's the status of each Printful branch:
NC: operating with some basic capacity
LA: operating with some basic capacity
EU: operating as normal
MX: operating as normal
We're also partnering with backup facilities to help us manage order volume. We're routing orders to wherever they can be fulfilled most efficiently.
March 26, 2020
Since we're working at a reduced capacity, US orders are likely to see fulfillment delays. Our carriers can't guarantee Express and Overnight delivery at the moment, so we'll be temporarily disabling these shipping methods from Printful.
Warehousing operations are continuing at both facilities in NC and EU. But it's going to take us longer to fulfill orders with warehousing items and to stock extra inventory you send us. We're also temporarily disabling same-day fulfillment in both of our warehousing facilities.
March 25, 2020
Along with the safety of our employees, our top priority is to continue to provide uninterrupted service to online merchants. We think that it's especially important during these times to support our customers to work from home any way we can. That's why Printful's facilities in both LA and Charlotte will keep some basic operations open for the time being.
Here's what that means:
- Our fulfillment teams are working on a voluntary basis. Everyone who is healthy and willing to work is welcome to. Those who can are already working from home.
- We will be working at a reduced capacity, so production will likely take longer than usual.
- We're taking extra measures to keep our fulfillment teams safe. We're staggering shifts, maintaining a 6-foot distance between each station, setting up partitions at tables in our break rooms, and distributing PPE such as safety masks and gloves. In Charlotte, we set up an on-site wellness clinic with health consultations available 24/7 over the phone.
- We will continue to follow guidelines from the CDC, WHO, US Department of State, local governments, and health agencies.
We want to keep fulfilling as much as we can at our facilities. Our branches in Europe and Mexico are operating as normal and we're partnering with backup facilities to help us manage volume.
- We will start routing select DTG products to one of our backup facilities and we're exploring other product categories. We will post more updates here as they come.
- When you open an order, you'll see a badge next to products that are routed to a backup facility.
- Everyone will automatically be opted in to fulfillment at our backup facilities, but you can opt out by going to Dashboard > Settings > Stores > Orders. If you opt out, we might not be able to fulfill your orders immediately and they'll wait in line until we can.
- Production quality and speed may differ from what we offer at Printful. You might also experience production delays while we adjust to new processes.
This is a difficult time for everyone and we're working hard to adapt to this new reality. We're committed to keeping our employees safe and giving them the means to provide for themselves and their families. We're also committed to supporting our customers, because they rely on us to keep their business running.
March 24, 2020
On March 24, 2020, Mecklenburg County, NC, announced the Stay-at-Home order for county residents, which impacts our facilities in Charlotte.
The order will go into effect on Thursday, March 26 at 8:00 a.m. and will likely remain in effect for the next 21 days. Operations in Charlotte will continue as normal Wednesday and Thursday. After that, we'll still be able to run basic minimum operations as long as we comply with the requirements of the Stay-at-Home order.
We have activated our response team to determine the extent of the Stay-at-Home order and our next steps. We are looking for solutions to continue fulfilling your orders, like continuing minimum operations in Charlotte and LA, and partnering with backup fulfillment centers. Our facilities in Mexico and Europe continue to operate as normal.
The safety of our employees and the public is our top priority so we are following health guidelines from the CDC and WHO. In Charlotte, we're implementing social distancing measures, distributing PPE equipment, and providing an onsite wellness clinic.
This is a difficult time for everyone and we thank you for your patience. We're doing our best to make sure you can keep running your business.
We will continue to post updates here as they come. Stay safe!
March 20, 2020
On March 19, 2020, Los Angeles County announced the “Safer at Home” emergency order requiring all non-essential businesses to suspend operations until April 19. Businesses in LA have 24 hours to wind down their operations. The mayor has the right to extend or shorten the order.
That means Printful's LA facility will temporarily suspend production after March 20, 2020, for the duration of the order.
The situation is still unfolding, so all information is subject to change. For now, this is what you need to know:
- Fulfillment teams are working scheduled shifts on March 20 to fulfill as many orders as they can.
All future and remaining orders will be routed to one of our other facilities when possible. DTG, embroidery, and phone cases will be routed to North Carolina. Cut & sew and sublimation products will be routed to Mexico and Latvia.
- We recommend opting in to fulfillment at all of our facilities to make sure your products are routed smoothly. You can do this by going to your Printful Dashboard > Settings > Stores > Orders.
- As of now, we don't anticipate major delays in production. We'll continue fulfilling orders today and our other branches are in good shape to pick up the extra volume from LA.
We will not be able to route the following products to other branches. We have temporarily disabled them and recommend removing them from your stores:
The following all-over products can't be fulfilled at our Mexico facility and will be routed to Latvia:
- All-Over Print Padded Sports Bra
- All Over Print Drawstring Bag
- All-over Print Fanny Pack
- All Over Print Tote Bag
- All Over Print Beach Bag
- Black Foot Sublimated Socks
- Sublimation Flip Flops
We may see more out of stock scenarios as our suppliers in California will also be affected.
Thank you for your patience. This is a difficult time for everyone and we hope this step will help end the spread of Covid-19 sooner rather than later. We'll continue posting regular updates as they come, and we remind everyone to stay safe.
March 18, 2020
iPhone 11 cases are back in stock and we're fulfilling orders again starting today.
March 16, 2020
Based on advice provided by public health experts, we're implementing work from home policies across all of our Printful locations. Employees who can are now working from home.
While our regular operations continue, the safety of our employees and customers is our top priority. We're increasing the frequency of scheduled cleanings and instructing team members who work on-site to stay home if they feel sick.
Over the next couple of weeks, you may notice longer fulfillment times for DTG products fulfilled in North Carolina. This is largely due to a recent influx in orders. We're working hard to accommodate our rapid growth by expanding our production fleet and onboarding new team members, while bearing public health guidelines in mind. Most orders should still stay within the timeframe of 2-7 business days.
Several European countries, including Latvia, have announced stricter border crossing regulations and closures. Starting Tuesday, March 17, the Riga International Airport will close all passenger commercial flights.
While cargo can still ship internationally, this impacts our ability to ship orders from our Latvia facility and you may experience delays.
We're following the situation and are in touch with our shipping carriers. We will post more updates as they come.
March 13, 2020
Starting Wednesday, March 18, we're temporarily closing our HQ pickup points in Chatsworth and Riga. The safety of our customers and employees is our priority, so we're following public health guidelines and limiting in-person meetings. If you have questions about your HQ pickup orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
March 12, 2020
The current flight ban from Europe to the US does not apply to packages. Printful orders fulfilled in Latvia should still reach destinations in the US.
We continue to accept inbound Warehousing & Fulfillment shipments. However, we might not work directly with the carrier you use to send us your shipment, so we recommend talking with them directly about any delays.
March 11, 2020
Not confirmed if it's due to Covid-19 outbreak, but our suppliers are experiencing production delays for Embroidered Champion Backpack in Heather Grey/Black. Because of this, we're temporarily disabling the product variant.
March 9, 2020
We don't currently expect significant stock shortages for most of our product categories. We have identified which materials we source from affected areas and are preparing with extra stock and alternative supplier options where possible.
Our fulfillment centers don't operate in any highly impacted areas, so production is running as normal.
- Our suppliers are experiencing production delays, so we're temporarily out of stock of iPhone 11 cases and laptop sleeves. We're looking for alternative suppliers but for now, we recommend disabling these products from your store.
- We disabled shipping to China, as most carriers have stopped or limited their own deliveries to China.
- Deliveries are still going through to Italy but without direct contact with the recipient. That means for Express door-to-door deliveries, packages will be left in mailboxes or other suitable drop-off locations.
- We recommend following the news for any regional shipping changes. Our shipping carriers will let us know whether deliveries will stop in other affected countries and when services will resume. We'll post updates here as we get them.